Introduction and General Terms
04. dereksmedleymw.co.uk contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, including, but not limited, to the Service, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered account.
06. Information Collected Upon Registration - If you desire to have access to certain sections of the Site, you will be required to become a registered member, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to Derek Smedley MW. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your name, full user name, password, email address, city, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your profile.
08. Use of Contact Information - Derek Smedley MW may use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
i. Service administration purposes (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
ii. To personalise the way Derek Smedley MW content is presented to you;
iii. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different locations and also to block disruptive use;
iv. To analyse and improve the services offered on dereksmedleymw.co.uk. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
vi. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
vii. We may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
viii. Local Site pages may give you detailed information about how Derek Smedley MW will contact you in relation to specific services.
ix. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to dereksmedleymw.co.uk, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on dereksmedleymw.co.uk, Derek Smedley MW may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
09. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
10. Generally, we will only use your information within Derek Smedley MW. However, sometimes Derek Smedley MW uses third parties to process your information, including but not limited to, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management. We will share your personally information with these third parties only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data. Derek Smedley MW will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Derek Smedley MW will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
11. Derek Smedley MW is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
12. We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) legal requirements, or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
How long will Derek Smedley MW keep my personal information?
13. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Derek Smedley MW.
14. Where you contribute to dereksmedleymw.co.uk Derek Smedley MW will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
15. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
16. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
18. Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.
19. Our Site contains links to other websites. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Can I find out what personal information Derek Smedley MW holds about me?
20. Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Derek Smedley MW holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (we will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.